Is my car washable?
At El Estero Car Wash, every effort has been made to safely clean a wide variety of automobiles. With few exceptions, most factory vehicles that have not been modified can be serviced at our facility.
The following guidelines are designed for the safety of our staff, customers, automobiles, and car wash equipment. If you have any questions regarding your vehicle, please visit us and ask a member of our management team for assistance.
Red List (Cannot be washed)
- Modifications and/or factory equipment that results with equipment protruding from the vehicle. Included but not limited to: ski, bike, and construction racks, ladders, vents or trailer hitches.
- Open bed pickup trucks with material or debris
- Long bed double cabs or similar
- Flatbed trucks
- Extra high vehicles exceeding 84'' in height
- Vehicles exceeding 84'' in width. (H1 Hummers)
- Wheels/ Tires exceeding 12'' width
- Cars lower than 4''.
- Dual rear wheels
- Permanent tri-pod mirrors
- Excessive mud
- Oil, wet paint, or other substance that can be transferred onto another car.
- Vehicles with improper wheel alignment.
Yellow List (May be washable with certain precautions. Customer assumes liability)
- Storage carriers, bug shields
- Antennas that do not fully retract and damage they may cause.
- Vehicles that leak into interiors.
- Modified or non-factory equipment.
- Windshields that are fatigued and/or with chips or cracks that may expand.
- Oxidized or damaged paint.
- Loose moldings, mirrors, etc.
- Any previously damaged item.
- Automatic windshield wipers turned off by customer.
- Vehicles over 8 years old.
- Construction racks which do not protrude past cab.
Green List (Washable under most circumstances)
- Factory vehicles that do not fall under the red or yellow lists from eight years of manufacturers date.